Aluminum’s light weight and strength provide an excellent strength-to-weight ratio.
Aluminum’s light weight and strength provide an excellent strength-to-weight ratio. Aluminum offers product forms and alloys that surpass any other material. The design flexibility of aluminum is unparalleled, allowing designers to engineer optimum shape and performance for each specific application.
Aluminum PM competes with less costly materials because of its advantages in primary and secondary weight savings, structural performance, and design flexibility.
- Light weight (lower density than other materials) – about one-third as heavy as steel or copper
- Highly resistant to corrosion
- Strong – and can be made stronger by alloying and heat treatment
- An excellent conductor of heat and electricity
- Nonmagnetic – useful for magnetic shielding of sensitive electronic components
- Outstanding in cryogenic properties – strong, not brittle, in intense cold
- Highly machinable
- Responsive to a variety of finishing processes
- Completely recyclable (and, therefore, energy-efficient)
Get It Done Right. Get MPP.
Contact MPP today to learn how we can help with your next project. We'll bring our engineering expertise to the table; you'll bring your next product to market.
Are you ready for custom engineering expertise?